Herbal Classes April & May 2016 through Free University…check it out at freeunw.com
Here are free classes offered by Kerri Bailey- those interested in the Herbal Program, please visit- Herbal Elements Academy for more information.
Dates: April 26th & 30th
Most people may think of herbs as medicine, but herbs are also food! They are “nature’s whole food vitamins” better than any synthetic, generic vitamin found on drugstore shelves. Learn which herbs contain high levels of vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients essential for proper nutrition and how you can incorporate these into your diet.
Class: Herbal Nutrition II – “How to Make an Herbal Supplement”
Dates: May 3rd & 7th Time: 11:00-11:45am
This is the second half of Herbal Nutrition- it is recommended that you take both. Learn how to make your own herbal formula using ground herbs to target specific health issues and increase your daily nutritional intake. Herbs & Supplies can be purchased after class, but is optional. Allow extra time after class if you make your own formula with help from instructor.
Dates: April 12th & 16th Time: 11:00am-12:00pm
There are hundreds of herbs that can be successfully grown here in the PNW. Growing your own herbs has its own reward. Not only can you have fresh herbs at your convenience, you benefit the environment by providing food and shelter for beneficial insects. Learn how to grow herbs & edible flowers, regardless of space, using organic methods. One session
Class: Herbal Detox
Dates: April 19th & 23rd
We are all exposed to toxins on a daily basis from our environment, workplace, personal care products and the foods and drinks we add into our bodies. From time to time, depending upon your lifestyle and level of exposure, our bodies need detoxification. Learn how to safely detox, using herbs and other natural substances. Create your own detox program. Herbal Elements will provide free samples of detox products. One session
Dates: Tuesday- April 5th & May 10th Saturday- April 9th & May 14th 2016
Time: 11am-12pm (4-5-16, 5-10-16) 4pm-5pm (4-9-16, 5-14-16)
Chakras are our bodies inner energy centers that help us function on all levels. When we work with our Chakras we help to heal emotional wounds and physical ailments that lead to inner peace. This class covers the basics of the 7 main Chakras and how to work with them using crystal chakra kits, essential oils and herbs. Chakra Kits, Essential Oil Blends and Chakra EBook will be available for sale after the class for those interested. One session.
Free Classes are available through Free University in Tacoma, WA
Check it out @ www.freeunw.com
to sign up for a class:
Herbal Certification Course
• Herbal Program Online-coming soon, we are working out the details.
Complete course work for Herbalists with written lessons
and hands on projects.
• Ayurvedic Herbs- Find out what’s your “Dosha” or body type, and how to use herbs according to their energetics. An introduction to Ayurvedic Herbs and East Indian Medicine.
• Chakra Connections- Chakra is Sanskrit for “spinning energy wheels”. Learn the basics of the seven major chakras and how they relate to our body, mind and spirit. Unblock the stagnant and
slow down the overactive. (Optional Class)
• Chinese Herbs– How to blend Chinese Herbal Formulas, and an introduction to Chinese Herbs and Traditional Chinese medicine philosophy.
• Choosing Herbs that Work For You- Selecting herbs and preparing formulas made easy. Learn the basics on how to choose herbs and the best way to prepare them- Right Herb, Right Remedy!
• Edible Gardens- In our climate, it is possible to have a year round garden with cool and warm season vegetables and other edible landscape plants. Learn how to grow your own food and herbs organically in large and small spaces.
• Herbal Kitchen and Tea Garden- There are so many culinary and medicinal herbs and plants that can be grown here in the PNW suitable for landscape, garden and containers. Learn how to care, use and design with edible plants & herbs.
• Native American Herbs- Learn about Local and Native American Herbs, Medicinal Practices and where to find them.
• Using Herbs at Home- How to cook, prepare and be creative with herbs. Ideas for gifts for friends & family.
Instructor: Kerri Bailey has been teaching classes at local Community Centers, Nurseries & Herb Stores in Seattle / Tacoma areas since 1999. She specializes in Herbal Medicine, Organic Gardening, Ponds and Water Gardens.
Her Classes, EBooks and Videos will be available online this Spring 2016. Check out www.HerbalElementsAcademy.com for more details
Free University www.FreeUNW.com